follow me on Twitter

    1.28.2009

    Internships!!!



    I have been so blessed in this past few years to have such wonderful growth in my photography business. I started off as a one-woman show and never thought that running things alone would not be possible in such a short time. Last summer I quickly realized that I cannot do it all myself....there are simply not enough hours in the day to maintain a great working relationship with my clients, edit images, update my blog, prepare client files, balance the books, have photo shoots, meet with potential clients, answer the phone and reply to emails and so on, as well as also juggling my personal life where I need to be a great mommy and a wonderful wife and friend. I seriously have tried to do it all, and maybe its because I am wiser after turning 30 (yay to getting older), but now I know that I do not even WANT to try to do it all alone.

    Luckily for me, I am also committed to sharing knowledge and giving others a boost that may be looking at getting into this field. So I am getting an early start to make sure I find the right people that clicks with who I am and how I work. If you are someone who might be interested or know someone who may be then send then my way....


    Internship Requirements:

    If you are easy-going, able to make it to Hudsonville, MI 1-2 days a week, must be great with kids (this is key), an excellent multi-tasker, able to enjoy wrinkle-faced dogs, have a commitment to excellent customer service, great at staying on task, well-organized & goal-oriented, lover of lattes, have the ability to commit to at least 5-10 hours per week for 6 months to receive hands on training in various aspects of running a photography business as well as credit toward photography services and possible permanent employment

    *Experience with Mac computers and programs such as Adobe Lightroom, Indesign and Photoshop a plus

    **I am more than happy to arrange College Credit by working with your professors to provide the progress reports and documentation of your hours etc..

    What you'll learn as one of my interns:

    • Image editing...how and why we select the perfect images to showcase the best of each session and event
    • Color correction...how to make your images pop and maybe even how to add a little of my special sauce to kick it up a notch :)
    • Data management...protecting and managing images and client files with multiple back-up storage systems
    • Office Management...answering phones, preparing & organizing client files, scheduling, marketing and product ordering
    • Album Design...organizing files for design, using InDesign to create the most beautiful heirloom for each wedding client, album proofing, and even album ordering
    • Camera Technique...lenses, camera modes, and lighting oh my!
    • Personal Assistance...lets face it, I might also need you to run to the post office, play Barbies with Madyson, Remind me to eat, pretend you are Thomas the Tank Engine with Harrison, grab me a latte here and there, etc...
    Those awesome people that are chosen will also be in for a few special treats that are not listed here.....its all very hush hush so don't ask! Just trust me you'll walk away knowing more than you ever expected :)

    To Apply:

    To apply please call 616.669.7207 and leave me your name and number and I will get back to you to conduct an initial phone interview. I will also be conducting personal interviews February 16th-20th to fill all 3 positions. I have also gotten a few inquiries in the past few months concerning internships that I will be contacting for personal interviews, but feel free to call if you haven't heard from me yet.

    Good Luck!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment